Last Updated on January 23, 2023
Beneficial properties of rice with vegetables
- Rice is an energetic food that is very easy to digest, ideal for people with digestion difficulties.
- This recipe is suitable for people with celiac disease or gluten allergy.
- Rice provides carbohydrates, vitamins of the B group and is a food of great nutritional value and it is an ideal food for the brain.
- Vegetables provide fiber, vitamins and minerals that are important for the proper maintenance of the organism.
Rice with vegetables recipe
This recipe is cooked with Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice which is a long-grain rice variety that has a characteristic aroma and flavors. Named after the sweet-smelling jasmine flower grown in Southeast Asia, this rice variety is very representative of Thai cuisine, so much so that it is sometimes referred to as Thai rice. It is a dish of humble origin because of the simplicity of its ingredients. You may want to check the Rice-Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan in this link minuterice.com/recipes/rice-stuffed-eggplant-parmesan/ also prepared with jasmine rice.
- 10 oz of Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice.
- 600 ml. of water or vegetable broth.
- 1 green bell pepper.
- 1 red bell pepper.
- 1 white and 1 purple onion.
- 4 ripe tomatoes.
- 1.7 oz of peas.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/2 glass of white wine.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- A few strands of saffron.
Preparation of the vegetables
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them as well as possible. If you have a garlic masher, you will get a perfect paste that will melt in the cooking, at the end of the preparation you will only notice the flavor. Set aside.
- Chop the onions and peppers (green and red) very finely so that they melt during cooking. It is important not to notice their texture but the flavor they give to the rice.
- Blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin and grate them. If you do not have anything to grate them with, it will be enough to cut them into very small dice. Set aside.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, fry the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat, always stirring carefully.
- Add the garlic, stirring to avoid burning. Cook over medium heat with the rest of the vegetables for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add half of the saffron threads (the rest will be added with the broth). Join very well with the vegetables.
- Pour the glass of white wine and the tomato when the previous vegetables are already poached so that the ingredients do not burn.
- Let the liquid and the alcohol of the wine reduce until it starts to stick to the casserole or paella. It is time to add the peas, spread them all over the casserole.
Preparation of the rice
- Add the rice and stir everything gently so that it is well impregnated with the stew and absorbs the flavor. Leave it for 1 more minute over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula so that it does not stick.
- To obtain a good mellow rice as in this case, you must calculate the necessary water. The final point of this type of rice should be neither too dry nor too soupy.
- The exact measures of liquid are 2 parts of broth for each 1 of rice. Even so if you observe that the rice is a little hard, but the casserole is running out of sufficient liquid, add little by little more water until it is ready.
- Mix the reserved saffron with some broth. Once the rice has absorbed all the flavor of the stew, add the broth to the casserole.
- Raise the temperature to the maximum until it begins to boil and immediately afterwards lower it to the half. It has to be done little by little (it lasts about 16 minutes approximately).
- Rectify liquid with water and test the rice
- Remove from the fire and let it rest for 10 minutes.