March 17, 2014   By Kelly Bejelly

chicken liver pate Lately, I’ve been realizing more and more that I need to focus on eating more nutrient dense food.  That term gets thrown around a lot in the Paleo/Real Food Community for a reason; nutrient dense foods are amazingly good for you.   I started making broth again, making sure I was getting in my cod liver oil/butter oil and eating  liver a couple times a week. This is such a simple recipe but man, it is so good that when I make a batch, I cannot stop eating it.  It makes me feel like running when I know I should walk, and it is just packed with a ton of goodness for your body.   There is a pound of bacon in this recipe – yes, a pound and it helps a lot with the flavor.   If you’re new to organ meats, then reduce the amount of liver in order to build up your tolerance.  Your body will thank you for it! chicken liver pate

chicken liver pate -nutrient dense food

Easy Chicken Liver Pate

Calories: 219 kcal

1. In a large skillet over medium-low heat add the coconut oil and diced bacon and cook for about 8 minutes until most of the bacon is translucent.
  2. Add the chicken livers and cook until they are all completely medium brown in color, about 8 to 10 minutes.
  3. Add in the dried thyme and garlic powder.
  4. Place this in a food processor.
  5. Separate the solid coconut cream from the milk and place the coconut cream in the food processor. Set aside the milk.
  6. Pulse in your food processor until completely smooth.
  7. Store in a airtight glass jar. Will keep 2 weeks. You can also freeze this is small jars and defrost as needed.
Nutrition Facts
Sugars 0g
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 50.5%
Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 0.9%
Iron 17.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• Lynn
    March 19, 2014 at 9:16 am

Hi Kelly,

This recipe looks awesome, thank you. I like chicken liver. My question is, what is the best way to separate the coconut milk from the cream in this recipe?

• March 19, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I’ve been buying the Natural Value Coconut milk and it is fully separated when you open the can. I have no had to refrigerate it at all. If the brand you use is different, just set it in the fridge overnight and it will separate. I hope you enjoy it!

• S.
    March 26, 2014 at 6:42 pm

floured and fried chicken livers, well done until all redness inside is gone, then just before done, pouring on scrambled eggs is my favorite way to eat chicken livers. The tastes go so well together.

• March 26, 2014 at 7:10 pm

I’m going to have to try that! Sounds amazing S.

• Resa
        March 26, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Looks delicious! What kind of chip are those, sweet potato by chance??

• March 27, 2014 at 6:16 am

Hi Resa! They’re fried plantain chips. I buy them at Marshall’s of all the places. They are friend in palm shortening also which is a bonus!

• Suzanne
    March 30, 2014 at 5:24 am

I’ve been wanting to make this all week and finally got to it this morning before breakfast. I’ve only ever had chicken liver “hidden” in other foods, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I liked it just plain and will probably grow to like it even better, but I really enjoyed it right out of the food processor topping a fried egg with sauteed avocados and mushrooms. It gave the meal a whole new depth of flavor. Thanks for the recipe. Definitely quick and easy!

• Dawn Johnson
    July 23, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Just made this and can I just say Yummy!!
    It was good before it went into the pate process, I couldn’t stop nibbling on it! So easy to make to!

• July 24, 2014 at 11:49 am

yeah, I’m so glad you enjoyed it hun!

• December 21, 2014 at 11:52 am

This is just what I was looking for! (I added a good grating of nutmeg at the end, as i love nutmeg in chicken liver pate) I am dairy free, and have missed chicken liver pate so much. Thank you!

• December 27, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I’ll have to try this with nutmeg the next time I make this hun!

• Nora Singletary
    October 13, 2018 at 10:05 am

I am allergic to coconut . Is there any substitute for the coconut milk ? Recommendations?

• October 17, 2018 at 12:07 pm

you can use cream of almond cream