This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 8, 2023
Am I the only person who has noticed how hard it is to find ground chicken at the grocery store? I swear, at my normal grocery store I can find exotic spices, tapioca flour and full fat Greek yogurt (which I consider a unicorn among yogurts) but I cannot find ground chicken! Sorry for the rant. Thankfully it’s crazy easy to make ground chicken in your food processor. Simply cut chicken breasts or thighs into 2” chunks and place in your food processor and pulse – do not turn switch on automatic – just pulse until you get the right texture. For me that is about 15 pulses. Voila. Easy peasy and on to this new recipe I created for all of you.
These Paleo Thai Chicken Burgers are the bomb. I do want to share that when you are frying these up, the fish sauce is pungent, woo wee, but it is a hidden flavor in the finished product so don’t worry. I hope you enjoy these Paleo Thai Chicken Burgers as much as we did.
PALEO THAI CHICKEN BURGERS
Serve these Paleo Thai Chicken Burgers with Kelly’s Paleo Hamburger Buns
1 lb ground chicken breasts
½ tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
½ small red onion, minced
¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
¼ cup mayo (find homemade mayo recipe here)
1 Tbsp almond butter or sunbutter
1 Tbsp honey
½ tsp black pepper
2 cup thinly sliced Green Cabbage (for topping)
- Place your skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, spices, fish sauce, coconut aminos, sesame oil and cilantro.
- Mix well and form into four patties.
- Place the patties in your skillet and cook until golden brown, roughly 6 to 8 minutes and flip and repeat.
- Remove from the stove and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the mayo, almond butter, honey and pepper and blend well.
- Place these Paleo Thai Chicken Burgers on a bun and top with the sliced cabbage and sauce.