This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Repeat after me: Fudgy Chocolate Banana Cake. If that doesn’t have you running to the kitchen, I don’t know what will. My friend Kari from GI 365 has been kind enough to share this amazing recipe with you today. Please take a minute to pop over to her blog to see what other recipes she has created. “
Fudgy is one of my favorite words. By deﬁnition it implies chocolate, and where would we be without chocolate! This Fudgy Chocolate Banana Cake couldn’t be any easier: simply place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and it whirls up your cake batter in seconds. I love having easy dessert recipes up my sleeve for chocolate related emergencies!
This cake can be a simple, snacking kind of cake, but you can also dress it up with coconut whipped cream or fudge frosting for ultimate decadence. With bananas being the base, it’s really low in added sweeteners, and I kept it dairy free by using coconut oil. Even though it’s on the healthier side, it deﬁnitely doesn’t lose any richness or dessert like qualities!!
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. You’ll need to scrape down the sides a couple of times to make sure the cocoa powder is incorporated. You can also use a blender for this recipe, you’ll need to use the tamper to keep the mixture moving because the consistency is pretty thick for a blender. After you pour the cake batter into a prepared pan, smooth the surface with a spatula. After it’s baked, the ﬂavor is best if it sits for a few hours, and it’s even better the next day!!
A big thank you to Kelly for letting me guest post on her wonderful site today! I hope you enjoy the recipe!!
- 4 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cup Superfine Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Coconut Whipped Cream or
- Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a 9” x 13” baking pan with coconut oil.
- Peel the bananas and place them in a food processor or blender.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl, (to make sure there’s no bits of shell) before adding them to the food processor as well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse to combine, scraping down the sides a couple of times.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth out the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until just barely done in the center.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature.
- Notes: !
- Everyone’s oven is slightly different, so start checking your cake a bit early in case yours
- bakes faster!!
- This cake tastes even better the 2nd day when the chocolate-banana ﬂavors really meld.!
Hi everyone! My name is Kari from GI 365 | Gourmet Innovations. I’m enjoying country living here in the Flathead Valley, Montana. I love to create simple healthy recipes, and occasionally a chocolatey indulgence. I’m learning to incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into my everyday diet to maintain better health and a higher energy level. Additionally, I post about traveling and hiking adventures in the mountains and a lifestyle section where you can find ideas for a non-toxic approach to everyday living. I hope you find something inspirational, and be sure to let me know what you think! You can also follow Kari on Facebook, Pinterest and G+.