Ok, I’m warning you. This pound cake is addictive and you will probably have to spend 100% of your time telling yourself NOT to eat it all. At least I did. Summer is in full swing and this would be heaven to top this with whipped cream and berries.
Yesterday we walked to the market and I bought two flats of strawberries with the idea that I would be making this paleo pound cake. I started cleaning them, my least favorite part, and randomly popped a
dozen few strawberries in my mouth. My son ate a good dozen more and before I knew it, there was only a quart left. I knew Mr. Bejelly would straight up have a fit if he didn’t get any so… yeah. I’m still working on eating this with berries.
You can’t have a pound cake without butter but if you can’t eat dairy then please try ghee first so you can get the true flavor of this recipe. I specifically made this coconut flour so it could be nut-free.
Paleo Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and greased a loaf pan.
- Beat eggs with the coconut milk, butter, honey and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda and salt mixing until smooth batter forms
- Pour batter in to the loaf pan and bake for an hour or until the pound cake separates from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pound cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan.