Bulletproof Coffee Drops

Packed full of healthy fats, these fat bombs will make your keto coffee a breeze! Use them to make your bulletproof coffee in minutes!

bulletproof coffee
I’m pretty sure that everyone and their mama  started a new exercise  program this month to help make their resolution to get fit a reality.

Did you know that  caffeine helps improve athletic performance? I figure that’s a good enough reason to have a cup of  bulletproof coffee before a workout.

I wanted to make something grab and go so I put all the ingredients into a “drop” of awesomeness.

To be fair the guy that created bulletproof coffee – aka David Asprey – recommends you only use organic grass-fed butter and his brand of coffee for better health benefits in this drink.  He also recommends that you used his brain octane oil and  collagen peptides

My motto is “buy what you can afford”. Either choose grass-fed butter, coconut oil or any other quality source of fats.

Now there are other benefits to this amazing drink hidden in all the delicious fats:

bulletproof coffee drops

Health Benefits of Butter

Butter has been demonized for years since it is full of saturated fats but the truth is that grass-fed butter is rich in fat-soluble vitamins with the most important one being Vitamin K2, which has amazing health benefits.

Health Benefits of Coconut oil

Coconut oil, according to several current studies and reports, can even help with the prevention of cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, pancreatitis, and HIV. Let’s take a closer look at how coconut oil can back up those claims:

• Coconut Oil as Cancer Prevention. Cancer cells are simple cells. Cancer cells cannot produce the extra organisms that metabolize ketones and convert fat into energy, so a diet high in fats like coconut oil help to thwart cancer growth. Basically, when there are no simple sugars for the cancer cells to use as energy, they are starved out; they can’t reproduce.
  • Coconut Oil as Alzheimer’s Inhibitor. Studies have shown that boosting ketones can improve cognitive function in Alzheimer’s patients.  Mary Newport, a renowned neonatologist from Florida is a leading expert in the field of study in this area.
  • Coconut Oil as Diabetes Destructor. Did you know that consuming just 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil can lower your blood sugar in just 30 minutes?  The science behind that lays in the fact that coconut oil can enter cells much like glucose can, but while regulating your body’s blood sugar levels.  It allows the cells to absorb healthy good energy without necessarily producing more insulin.  Here is the true wonderment of taking coconut oil daily as a type 1 or type 2 diabetic:  you could actually replace your body’s insulin dependency by using a coconut oil supplement, according to several studies.

What you’ll need for this recipe:

How to Make These Bulletproof Coffee Fat Bomb Drops

Take the 1/2 cup of butter and follow my instructions on how to make ghee. Please note this makes 1/3 cup of ghee.

Combine the ghee with the melted coconut oil, sea salt and cinnamon.

Whisk and pour into an ice cube tray.

Why these coffee drops make the best Bulletproof coffee recipes?

• This recipe is sugar free and the perfect keto coffee!
  • The recipe is packed full of healthy fats and rich in medium chain triglycerides.
  • The net carbs are zero!

Some other keto recipes you might enjoy

Did you make and love this recipe?  Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!

Bulletproof Coffee Drops

Bulletproof Coffee Drops

Yield: 9

Packed full of healthy fats, this will make your keto coffee a breeze!

1. Take the 1/2 cup of butter and follow my instructions on how to make ghee. Please note this makes 1/3 cup of ghee.
  2. Combine the ghee with the melted coconut oil, sea salt and cinnamon.
  3. Whisk and pour into an ice cube tray.
  4. Freeze and remove and pop the drops into a glass container and cover. Store in the fridge until you are ready to use.
  5. To make bulletproof coffee, place one of the cubes and 10 oz of hot coffee of your choice in a blender and blend until well combined and foamy. Drink and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:
Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 307 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 146mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g

1. Darlene July 23, 2017 at 7:35 am

I have read to use 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of of grass fed butter to 8oz of coffee. With this recipe, combining the butter and coconut oil and pouring into the uce cube tray, what would u say the measurement would be in each “cube”? I wonder if each cube is still giving 1 tbsp of each, or maybe 1/2 tbsp of each?

1. Kelly Bejelly August 27, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Because the mixture is blended, I cant guarantee amounts hun. You can always put 1 tbsp of coconut oil and butter into each pod and freeze.

2. Christine Elsdon September 24, 2017 at 8:11 am

measure your ice cube trays.. fill one with two tablespoons of water and you will see how much to fill your sections once you’ve made your bulletproof concoction.

2. Vickie August 20, 2017 at 5:48 am

What’s the nutritional information?

3. BRIAN NEALE October 12, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Can I ask, what’s the reason for using ghee rather than just combining the butter with the other ingredients?

1. Kelly Bejelly October 15, 2017 at 4:45 pm

To make it 100% lactose free. You can use melted butter hun.

4. Makayla October 24, 2017 at 12:49 pm

If using store-bought ghee, how much is needed? Do the proportions stay the same, or do you have to adjust? I have never made it myself and an unfamiliar with how much ghee 1/2 cup of butter will churn out (pun definitely intended).

1. Kelly Bejelly October 29, 2017 at 10:55 am

It makes about 1/2 cup minus a tablespoon. You can use 1/2 cup and it works out fine hun.

5. Mattison October 30, 2017 at 8:42 pm

HI there, I’m interested in making these pods, but I’m already using ghee and MCT oil, so do you know how much of this I would use compared to the butter and coconut oil? Thanks

1. Kelly Bejelly November 7, 2017 at 9:55 am

I would do 1 tbsp of each into each pod

6. LeeAnna November 29, 2017 at 11:30 am

Can you add whey protein and collagen to the drops before freezing?

7. Jess January 28, 2018 at 10:18 pm

Where did you get the cute hexagon ice cube trays?

8. Ioana February 6, 2018 at 2:49 pm

This looks so easy. Having bulletproof coffee with no mess, that’s actually fantastic!! Thanks for sharing!!

9. Peggy February 15, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Can you use cocoa butter instead of Ghee?

10. Linda April 15, 2018 at 10:57 am

Wow! What a great idea!! Thanks

11. Elaine July 17, 2018 at 3:57 pm

Have you made a mocha flavored one?

12. mathteachster July 25, 2018 at 4:57 am

Hi, I love the idea of BP coffee fat bombs! This would make the 4:30 am coffee so much easier! Do you think that Swerve could be added to these in advance? Then, all I would have to add is my cream 🙂 Thanks for the recipe!!!

13. Lynne August 2, 2018 at 2:14 pm

I just entered this recipe in My Fitness Pal; at 9 servings, it calculates 304 calories per serving. I checked the ingredients and measurements several times. Any idea why there’s such a large discrepancy? I’m so grateful for this recipe; I want to use it correctly!

1. Kelly Bejelly November 27, 2018 at 10:41 am

Most likely my recipe software uses a different database to get nutritional info hon.

14. Cynthia J October 10, 2018 at 10:12 am

Kelly… first off thank you for posting. I have started my day with bulletproof coffee for a while and saw this post and checked it out. I mean, anytime I can save time in the morning by premaking most of the ingredients…. great. I also like the addition of cinnamon… very tasty.

My problem is with your nutritional breakdown. 1 and of 1/2 cups of basically fat divided into 9 servings isn’t going to get you 115 calories. I added it to MyFitpal and got completely different numbers. Since I like to stick close to 200 calories for my AM coffee, I made the servings 15.