This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Packed full of healthy fats, these bulletproof coffee drops will make your keto coffee a breeze! Use them to make your butter coffee in minutes!
I’m pretty sure that everyone and their mama started a new exercise program this month to help make their resolution to get fit a reality.
Did you know that caffeine helps improve athletic performance? I figure that’s a good enough reason to have a cup of bulletproof coffee before a workout.
I wanted to make something grab and go so I put all the ingredients into a “drop” of awesomeness.
To be fair the guy that created bulletproof coffee – aka David Asprey – recommends you only use organic grass-fed butter and his brand of coffee for better health benefits in this drink. He also recommends that you used his brain octane oil and collagen peptides.
My motto is “buy what you can afford”. Either choose grass-fed butter, coconut oil or any other quality source of fats.
Now there are other benefits to this amazing drink hidden in all the delicious fats:
Health Benefits of Butter
Butter has been demonized for years since it is full of saturated fats but the truth is that grass-fed butter is rich in fat-soluble vitamins with the most important one being Vitamin K2, which has amazing health benefits.
Health Benefits of Coconut oil
Coconut oil, according to several current studies and reports, can even help with the prevention of cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, pancreatitis, and HIV. Let’s take a closer look at how coconut oil can back up those claims:
- Coconut Oil as Cancer Prevention. Cancer cells are simple cells. Cancer cells cannot produce the extra organisms that metabolize ketones and convert fat into energy, so a diet high in fats like coconut oil help to thwart cancer growth. Basically, when there are no simple sugars for the cancer cells to use as energy, they are starved out; they can’t reproduce.
- Coconut Oil as Alzheimer’s Inhibitor. Studies have shown that boosting ketones can improve cognitive function in Alzheimer’s patients. Mary Newport, a renowned neonatologist from Florida is a leading expert in the field of study in this area.
- Coconut Oil as Diabetes Destructor. Did you know that consuming just 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil can lower your blood sugar in just 30 minutes? The science behind that lays in the fact that coconut oil can enter cells much like glucose can, but while regulating your body’s blood sugar levels. It allows the cells to absorb healthy good energy without necessarily producing more insulin. Here is the true wonderment of taking coconut oil daily as a type 1 or type 2 diabetic: you could actually replace your body’s insulin dependency by using a coconut oil supplement, according to several studies.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
Watch the video on how to make these fat bomb drops
How to Make These Bulletproof Coffee Fat Bomb Drops
Take the 1/2 cup of butter and follow my instructions on how to make ghee. Please note this makes 1/3 cup of ghee.
Combine the ghee with the melted coconut oil, sea salt and cinnamon.
Whisk and pour into an ice cube tray.
Freeze and remove and pop the drops into a glass container and cover. Store in the fridge until you are ready to use.
To make bulletproof coffee, place one of the cubes and 10 oz of hot coffee of your choice in a blender and blend until well combined and foamy. Drink and enjoy!
Why these coffee drops make the best Bulletproof coffee recipes?
- This recipe is sugar free and the perfect keto coffee!
- The recipe is packed full of healthy fats and rich in medium chain triglycerides.
- The net carbs are zero!
Some other keto recipes you might enjoy
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Packed full of healthy fats, this will make your keto coffee a breeze!
- Take the 1/2 cup of butter and follow my instructions on how to make ghee. Please note this makes 1/3 cup of ghee.
- Combine the ghee with the melted coconut oil, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk and pour into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze and remove and pop the drops into a glass container and cover. Store in the fridge until you are ready to use.
- To make bulletproof coffee, place one of the cubes and 10 oz of hot coffee of your choice in a blender and blend until well combined and foamy. Drink and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g