Homemade Mayo (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)

How to make Homemade Keto Mayo in under 2 minutes! Made with only 4 ingredients, this mayonnaise is carb free and you can make it your own with fresh herbs and spices.

keto mayo

I love Mayo.

Seriously.

I use mayo like a condiment and put it on my low carb fries, dip my chips in it and even eat it by the spoonful.

The first time I made homemade mayo from scratch was not pretty. It failed and I ended up taking the runny mixture, placing it in the fridge and using it as a salad dressing (yep you do not have to pour that failed mayo down the sink).

What you’ll need for this Recipe:

• Avocado oil
  • Egg
  • Sea salt
  • Dry mustard
  • Apple cider vinegar

How to make this Keto Mayonnaise Recipe

Add all ingredients to a jar. Place your hand-mixer in the bottom of the jar and pulse until it combines.

Watch the video to see how easy this is to make.

Orleatha from RealMealPlans.com ( FYIthey have a keto meal plan with MACROS) shows how she makes fail-proof homemade keto mayo in under two minutes.

Notes and Variations:

Add fresh herbs and spices like rosemary, basil or garlic for a different flavors

Add chipotle for smokiness for sriracha for some spiciness.

If you like this Keto Mayo recipe, you’ll love:

Low Carb Keto Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken

Keto French Onion Soup

Did you make and love this recipe?  Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!

Homemade Mayo

Homemade Mayo

This simple homemade mayo can be made in under 2 minutes!

1. Add all ingredients to a jar. Place your hand-mixer in the bottom of the jar and pulse.
  2. The ingredients will begin to emulsify. As this happens slowly move the hand mixer towards the top until all the ingredients are emulsified.

Notes

Easily customize this mayo with chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, garlic and basil. Add chipotle for smokiness or sriracha for heat!

Nutrition Information:
Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 63 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 35mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g

1. Renee Kohley March 20, 2017 at 3:39 pm

This is so easy! Thank you for the easy to follow video tutorial! I am so visual!

2. Michele Spring March 21, 2017 at 2:51 pm

That is one creamy beautiful mayo! I love how simple mayo is to make and this is a great video demonstrating it!

3. Carrie Forrest March 22, 2017 at 7:24 am

This is such a wonderful recipe. who knew healthy condiments could be so fast, easy, and affordable.

4. Hannah Healy March 22, 2017 at 7:29 am

Great recipe! I’ll have to remember the trick about tuning failed mayo into salad dressing. Thanks for sharing!

5. Cheryl March 23, 2017 at 7:30 am

Holy crap, I HAVE to do this. I learned to make mayo by hand (quite literally) but have been using my food processor and blender lately. It seems like if I don’t go VERY slowly, the mayo will break from the food processor. And it gets too thick in the blender and won’t process. Yuck. I need to dig out my immersion blender from the garage somewhere… how could such an important item get lost in our move?!

6. Kari - Get Inspired Everyday! March 24, 2017 at 9:25 am

You can’t beat under 2 minutes! I never used to like mayo much until I made homemade, then it was complete obsession!

7. Stacey Crawford March 24, 2017 at 9:42 am

So easy to make! I just love the talented, beautiful, bubbly, cute Orleatha in the videos!

8. Emily @ Recipes to Nourish March 24, 2017 at 4:41 pm

I love how easy this is!!! So much better than the store-bought stuff plus so much healthier with avocado oil. I love that you use some dry mustard and ACV in there too. Orleatha’s video is fun too, she’s such a natural on camera.

9. Jessica DeMay March 24, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Homemade mayo is the best and I always have some in my fridge! I can’t believe how easy it is and so much tastier than store bought.

10. Cristina Curp March 24, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Once you make mayo with an immersion blender there is no going back. Hands down the best method ever.

11. ChihYu March 24, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Wow ! When I saw how to make mayo in 2 minutes I said to myself – I absolutely need to save this recipe for myself ! Love it. Thank you.

12. Katja March 25, 2017 at 1:04 pm

I love homemade mayo! so easy and quick!! I don’t usually add mustard to mine. I have to try that next time.

13. Stacey March 26, 2017 at 9:47 am

I am breast-feeding, and can’t have avocados due to reflux. Are there any substitutions for the avocado oil?

1. Stacey April 1, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Thank you !!! Trying today!!

14. Rachel March 27, 2017 at 9:16 am

I must admit mayo is something I haven’t mastered. And with going keto like I have, I’ll need to have a steady supply!

15. Vanessa woozley March 27, 2017 at 1:29 pm

I watched this original video, how easy is this!!!

16. Georgina Young March 28, 2017 at 7:31 am

Fab little video and also I LOVE using avocado oil too! Such a healthy oil to use 🙂

17. Blaire May 1, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Hello! I need help! I followed the recipe exactly and watched the video! I mixed with my Emerson blender for over 2 minutes and still just a thick liquid. Is it because I used a duck egg instead of chicken? They are a bit larger than the normal egg! Help, what do I do? I don’t want to waste all these expensive ingredients!

1. Kelly Bejelly May 2, 2017 at 9:39 am

Blaire, set it in the fridge to firm up. You can use it as a base for salad dressing. The key is to hold it on the bottom of the jar until it starts to thicken and then move it up in the jar.

18. Blaire May 1, 2017 at 4:18 pm

also, this recipe looks so easy and healthy! If I want to double to batch should I mix for double the time?