This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
Bacon Wrapped Chorizo Lime Jalapeno Poppers. Not only is the name a mouthful but it’s a spicy bit of taste bud nirvana. I wrote about my addiction to deli poppers in my losing weight series and, in an attempt to make a more gluten-free recipe, created this delicious rendition.
This was the first time I had ever messed with a jalepeno and woo wee, I learned some lessons. First, wear gloves. Second, do NOT and I mean DO NOT touch any part of your face or eyes. Wow, yeah, I can’t even imagine being a hippy in the 60s getting hit with a can of mace. No way. Anyhow, make a bunch of these because they are going to disappear before your eyes!
Bacon Wrapped Chorizo Lime Jalapeno Poppers
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 lime, , juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 lb Chorizo
- 1 teaspoon ghee, coconut oil or bacon fat
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cacao Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 8 pieces bacon
- 8 jalapenos
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine and blend the cream cheese, Parmesan, and lime juice with a spoon. Set aside.
- In a small pan over medium high heat combine the chorizo and red onion and cook until done. Add in the tsp of ghee, coconut or bacon fat, cacao and cinnamon and stir well with a heat resistant spatula.
- Slice the Jalepenos as shown in the photo. De-seed.
- You're going to stuff the jalapenos in a ratio of 2 to 1 with the Cream Cheese filling being the larger portion.
- Wrap the Jalapenos in Bacon and place on a baking sheet in an oven for 30 - 35 minutes. For extra color you can place the Jalapeno Poppers under the broiler on low for 2 -3 minutes - watch them because you don't want them to burn.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.
These need to get in my belly NOW! They look delish! Pinning 🙂
Yum. I’m not a popper fan, but these would be great for a cocktail party.
Thanks for sharing.
Peace and good.
That looks sooooo good!
These are really popular where I live 🙂
Oh those look goooooooooooooooood!!!!
Can I just say OMG! Seriously OMG! I have to try this!!!!
Oh my yum, now that looks super good.
Ooh, I would like to make a vegan version of this!
Bacon is so good to wrap around different foods! I wrapped a piece around pork chops this afternoon for our big meal. Delicious! Thanks for sharing…. 🙂
Oh, that looks fabulous!
Wow, those look amazing!!
Our garden jalapenos are coming in. Perfect!
It’s a good thing my husband doesn’t read blogs….or I’d have to make these EVERY day LOL
You’re killing me! These look and sound soooooo good!
This looks incredible, and what beautiful photos!
my husband would love this!
I have what my husband and son call “sissy lips” so this wouldn’t be good for me, but they would LOVE them.
Oh man another awesome recipe I will have to make, looks so good!
I would totally try these!
I’m adding this to my dinner menu for my fall cookout… looks so good!
Ooo.. looks yummy… but maybe a little spicy!
Now that is serious yum factor!
That looks yummylicious!
I love poppers and these look awesome!
These look incredible! I’ve pinned 🙂 Looking forward to making them for a get-together this summer!
Thank you Heba! You have some awesome looking recipes also 🙂
I bet my hubby would love these!
I just told my husband about these and by the look on his face, I think he wants to marry you! They look amazing.
Lol, I hope that you both like them.
This looks so good! I love spicy food. You really should write a cookbook!
oh yes! these look great!
I LOVE poppers, will definitely have to try this.
Flavor explosion!!!! I made these tonight and was wowed by the unique and complex marriage of tastes. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with all of us!
Aw, thank you so much Margret 🙂
I thought that Cream Cheese and Parmesan Cheese were not part of a Paleo diet! I thought Paleo does NOT allow any dairy!
Hun, I follow a Primal diet which allows for dairy. Honestly, it really comes down to if you tolerate dairy or not.