This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
I love me some mushrooms but Mr. Bejelly has never been a huge fan. If you don’t know by now my husband is a picky eater, like I’m sure you could look up the word int the dictionary and his photo would be starting back act you. He has some interesting texture issues that make a lot of my favorite foods off limits.
However, some of my favorite college memories revolve around large quantities of beer and batter fried mushrooms. My roommates and I would wade through sleet or snow to grab the fried goodness from our favorite bar Busters. I wanted another fun appetizer for m Paleo Thanksgiving meal and figured it was time to work on a recipe. This recipe for Paleo Stuffed Mushrooms is super simple but oh so delicious.
I wanted to do something a little different so I added pork rinds to the stuffing and it gives it such a great unique flavor. If you want you can completely skip the swiss cheese but I love the bite of it in this dish.
- 12 Crimini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup of diced Granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup of diced mushroom stems
- 1/4 cup of finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup of crushed pork rinds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Remove the stem from the Crimini mushrooms and dice the stems for the filling.
- Combine the onions, apple, stems, swiss cheese and sea salt and mix well.
- Spoon the filling into the mushrooom caps and top with the crushed pork rinds.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.