This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 16, 2019
Hi all! My name is Heather Resler and I am the 18 year old blogger at Cook It Up Paleo. I am so excited to be guest posting on A Girl Worth Saving!
But let’s talk about these chips. Plantains are pretty much the weirdest fruit ever. They look like a giant banana but they taste like a potato (when green), and they are awesome baked as chips! From the first time I tried plantains, I’ve been addicted; there’s just so many things you can do with them!
This recipe is one of my favorite ways to use them. I am a curry lover and look for excuses to use it in my food. Tossing the starchy plantains with a generous dollop of coconut oil and some fragrant curry and baking in the oven yields crispy, flavorful chips that make the perfect snack!
- 2 green plantains, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons good-quality curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the plantains with the oil, spices, and salt to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until golden and starting to crisp.
- Cool and enjoy!