When I was a kid, egg nog was a treat. It was also, well, sickly sweet so it makes sense that I wanted to drink it ALL the time.
First, I had no idea how filling this Paleo Egg Nog recipe is. WOW. This made about 2 cup but I could only drink 1/4 cup before feeling like I was going to burst. It’s also spicy, lightly sweet goodness and a delicious drink for the holiday. If you have any rum in your pantry, I highly encourage you to spike it and kick it up a notch.
- 1 13.5 oz can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon B grade maple syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- In a sauce pan over low heat add the coconut milk and whisk in the spices. Once the liquid is warm remove from the heat. Let cool so the liquid is warm to the touch.
- Whisk in the egg yolks.
- You can either drink warm or cool
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.