This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Blazes it’s hot. When it gets this hot all I want to do if put my feet up, order take out and enjoy an ice-cold drink. You know me, I like to mess about in the kitchen so I was thinking of what I could do with my absolute favorite berry – the raspberry. How could I kick it up a notch and I immediately thought of Coconut water and all the amazing benefits it would provide in this blistering 89 degree weather and my Raspberry Lime Coolatta was born.
A couple of notes. I froze the coconut water in ice trays, crushed it in the blender and then added the syrup to the cup. I didn’t just dump everything in the blender, which you can totally do, but if you want to mix it up and have different syrup flavor options – do what I did. Also, if you want to turn this into an adult beverage, I recommend Tequila. I hope you enjoy the first of many cold drinks I plan to share.
Raspberry Lime Icee
- 35 oz Coconut Water
- 2 cups of Raspberries
- 1 medium lime
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- A few frozen raspberries to top the drinks
- Set aside 1 cup of coconut water and freeze the rest in ice cube trays.
- Put the coconut water, raspberries, the juice of half of the lime and cinnamon in a medium pan and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes and taste the sauce.
- Add the honey if necessary and place in a jar and set it in the fridge to chill.
- Remove the coconut water ice cubes - they will be sticky - and place in a blender to crush into a slushie.
- Add the crushed ice to a cup and then spoon the raspberry syrup on top. Top with frozen raspberries and slices of lime.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.
I started freezing cubes of coconut water a couple weeks ago… awesome in iced tea & seltzer drinks!
Oh, love the ideas on other ways to enjoy coconut water goodness!
Looks so pretty and refreshing!
Beautiful! And so refreshing too.
Awesome idea! Love the use of coconut water!
That looks so refreshing…love the fresh raspberries…
This makes me thirsty!
That looks amazing! I want a glass NOW!!
This looks wonderful, refreshing, and refined sugar free. I love all of those!
That looks and sounds so delicious. And refined sugar free, how awesome is that?!?!
This looks so refreshing!
this looks so refreshing!
Delicious and gorgeous!
Wow so pretty and refreshing!!
I’ve never had coconut water, I don’t care for the coconut flavor. I love raspberry though.
This looks so good and refreshing!! Perfect for summer!
Oh my, that looks very tasty!
That looks really good! I will have to watch for raspberries to go on sale!
Oh, my goodness! I know this would be delicious with tequila.
Sounds and looks like the perfect summer drink.
I might have to make these this weekend!
If tastes half as good as it looks, this is a real treat. Like the adult option of adding a little tequila.
Yum. Looks so tasty and REFRESHING!
What a wonderful summer refresher!