This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Filled with your favorite veggie toppings, this Keto Fried Chicken Taco Shell has taken tacos or a chalupa to the next level. You only need 5-ingredients to make this low-carb Keto Taco Shell that will change your life.
This is a sponsored conversation. All opinions are my own.
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s a wonderful low-carb keto option for taco shells
- There are only 5-ingredients in the shell
- You can shop at Whole Foods Market 365 for the fresh ingredients
- Keto Fried Chicken Taco shells are one of Mr. Bejelly’s guilty pleasures (right after Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken)
I knew the moment I met Mr. Bejelly he would be an amazing father and the moment I saw him cradle the Little right after he was born, I knew my instincts were right.
The transition from man to father happens in an instant. There are no fireworks, no parades or grand speeches required for such a life-changing event and every day I am grateful to know our children are being raised by him.
I was not sure what to make such an amazing man and if I should breakout my portable gas wok burner make his favorite stir fry. But I decided to do something extra special.
Of course, I had to run to one of my most favorite stores EVER – Whole Foods Market 365 to make these Keto Taco Shells.
If you haven’t been to this store. Go right this minute.
I know what you’re secretly thinking – you want me to run to “whole paycheck?” Well, Whole Foods Market 365 is going to rock your bank account because it’s the same quality and standards of Whole Foods but at a lower price.
Yes, I was able to buy food here for lower than any natural store (even my beloved discount market) and save a ton of money while being able to feed my family the best quality clean food.
It’s a total win-win, in my humble opinion.
12 THINGS THAT MAKE WHOLE FOODS MARKET 365 DIFFERENT:
- Thousands and thousands of organic and non-GMO products
- Unmatched selection of gluten-free, vegan and other special-diet foods
- No artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners in any of the food we sell
- High-fructose corn syrup added MSG and hydrogenated fats are not allowed in food
- Only responsibly farmed or sustainably caught wild seafood in their seafood department
- Prepared foods made fresh using only high-quality ingredients like those in our aisles
- Meat department sources only from animals raised to animal welfare standards with no added hormones and no antibiotics, ever
- Loads of local, Whole Trade® and organic produce and flowers
- 365 Everyday Value® eggs all go beyond cage-free
- Dairy and cheese choices from animals not given hormones (rBST/rBGH)
- All cleaning products are eco-friendly and list ingredients
- No parabens, phthalates, triclosan and 100+ more questionable ingredients in any body care in their stores
What you need to make this Recipe:
- 2.5 oz Pork Rinds, crushed in your food processor
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 16 oz chicken breasts, Pollo Asada from Whole Foods Market 365
- 1 cup coconut oil, for frying
To make these beauties you need to set up three plates (or bowls). The first plate has crushed pork rinds. The second, a large bowl, holds the eggs and water combined. And finally, the third plate is for the coconut flour. Set aside.
Take the Pollo Asada chicken breasts and slice into 1/2″ thick pieces. You should get 3 “taco shells” from each breast. With a mallet, pound each breast to 1/2″ thickness if your “shell” is too thick.
Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil and melt.
Take each “Chicken taco shell” and first coat on both sides with coconut flour, then egg wash, then the pork rinds.
Place the chicken taco shell in the hot coconut oil and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side until golden brown, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel. Repeat.
Take your time slicing the chicken breasts. Seriously, it’s not a task you want to do fast or you’ll have super thick slices.
If you like this Keto Fried Chicken Taco Shell recipe, you’ll love:
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below and make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
- On one plate, add the crushed pork rinds. In large bowl, add the eggs and water and whisk until combined. On a third plate, place the coconut flour. Set aside
- Take the Pollo Asada chicken breasts and slice in to 1/2" thick pieces. You should get 3 "taco shells" from each breast. With a mallet, pound each breast to 1/2" thickness if your "shell" is too thick.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil and melt.
- Take each "Chicken taco shell" and first coat on both sides with coconut flour, then egg wash, then the pork rinds.
- Place the chicken taco shell in the hot coconut oil and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side until golden brown, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel. Repeat.
- Take your chicken taco shell and fold. You can then add in your toppings like fresh salsa, guacamole, lettuce, cheeses and more.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gProtein: 26g