Gingerbread Ice Cream

Gingerbread Ice Cream

It’s amazing the things that kids remember. The  Little loves ice cream.  He loves it so much that he asks for it several times a day.  When I decided to make a gingerbread ice cream recipe and I pulled my bright pink ice cream canister from the freezer the boy scream in delight.  I had no idea he that had connected the two.    He was on me like white on rice and while this photo my convey a serene treat just waiting for you to dive in, I had toddler breath hot on my neck and was listening  to “Little eat ice cream” on replay for 10 minutes.  I’m surprised I was able to get a photo without his little hands in it.

Gingerbread Ice Cream

This recipe is so simple and the perfect sweet treat for the holidays.

Gingerbread Ice Cream

Gingerbread Ice Cream

1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
  2. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn for 20 minutes.
  3. Enjoy

autoimmune paleo desserts sweets

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Maryann December 2, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Is molasses paleo? I use it a lot but thought since it was sugar cane based maybe it isn’t paleo? But the recipe looks amazing as usual!!

1. Kelly Bejelly December 2, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Thanks hun. I use unsulphered black-strap molasses and as far as I know, it’s Paleo.

2. Dianna @ Oy Vey a Day December 2, 2013 at 2:18 pm

OMG – I may have to go buy an ice cream machine just to make this. It sound delicious – and perfect for me since I am allergic to dairy (and I mean really allergic… hives and all).

3. Tammy December 2, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Seriously – you’re killing me right now and the fact that I gave away my ice cream maker when we moved… sigh…

1. Kelly Bejelly December 3, 2013 at 10:54 am

Oh no! Well this is the perfect time to buy a new one for a steal 🙂

1. Holly December 9, 2013 at 1:19 am

Try chopping up and freezing the banana first before mixing it all, I find it makes it a nice creamy texture without using an ice-cream machine 🙂

4. joanna December 6, 2013 at 3:30 pm

this looks great!! i rarely see molasses recipes and i love incorporating into my diet due to it’s high iron content. i’m anemic and usually take it straight up with a spoon, but eating it in ice cream seems way tastier.

1. Kelly Bejelly December 6, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I never thought of that Joanna 🙂 I hope you enjoy it hun!

1. joanna December 8, 2013 at 5:27 pm

just made this today!! it was AWESOME. i really felt like i was drinking gingerbread through a straw. tasted way naughtier than it actually was haha i substituted a ripe pear for the banana because that’s what i had on hand. i don’t have an ice cream maker so i just blended it and made it into a thick smoothie. can’t wait to have it again tomorrow : )

5. Emma December 9, 2013 at 10:37 am

Ooooh yum! This sounds to-die-for! Love that it’s vegan too 🙂

6. Jennifer @ The Quirky Momma December 9, 2013 at 11:52 am

Oh my, this looks amazing. My hubs has been experimenting with our ice cream machine lately, and this is something that would work well for me as dairy tends to ‘get’ me sometimes!

7. keira June 1, 2014 at 12:40 pm

can you substitute the banana with anything??