May 27, 2014   By Kelly Bejelly

Is gelatin paleo?

So what’s the big deal about Gelatin? It seems like every time I turn around someone is screaming from the mountain tops about how it helps clear skin, reduce wrinkles, health tooth decay and gives you hair like Beyonce.

With 40 glaring down on me like the eye of Sauron, I knew I had to start adding it to my diet.  I bought myself a can of it and starting putting it  in my tea every day and amazingly enough, I did see an improvement in my skin.  Seriously, I was in the middle of the dessert section of my book and eating sugar like a preteen and my skin cleared up.  Say What?  Yes and when my friend Sylvie from Hollywood Homestead sent me a copy of her book  The Gelatin Secret  I read through it immediately to see what other important information I had been missing.

If you are someone who suffers from the any of the following:

• Joint pain
  • Acne and wrinkles
  • Tooth decay
  • Hormone imbalances
  • Constipation
  • Insomnia

Than you need to consider adding gelatin to your diet.  It’s so simple to do. Seriously, add it to a cup of coffee in the morning and you are done for the day.

However, you need to make sure that you are buying the correct gelatin.  This is why the Gelatin Secret is your must have guide on how to navigate this super-food.

gelatin is good for wrinkles

Learn The Real Truth to Gelatin

What’s inside?

• Learn the different between crap gelatin and real gelatin
  • How to get the most from gelatin
  • How gelatin nourishes each part of your body
  • Why supplements aren’t the best solution
  • Why you should use gelatin for Healing Bones
  • How gelatin helps heal your gut and how to repair leaky gut
  • How to easily lose weight with gelatin
  • How gelatin is a beauty boost for your hair, skin and nails
  • The secret to healing tooth decay with gelatin
  • 48 real food Paleo recipes using gelatin
  • and so much more!

This book is jam packed with information and an absolute bargain at less than $25.  No more guessing or having to search google for an hour to learn the amazing benefits of gelatin.

Buy-Now-high-res1paleo marshmallows
Here is one of the recipes from the book – Cinnamon Covered Paleo marshmallows that is just plain fun to eat.  Please note these can not take any heat and will melt immediately!

paleo marshmallows

Cinnamon Covered Paleo Marshmallows + The Gelatin Secret

Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Author: Sylvie @ Hollywood Homestead
This recipe is from the ebookThe Gelatin Secret

1. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and grease with a small amount of coconut oil.
  2. Sprinkle the cinnamon/arrowroot powder mix on the parchment paper and spread evenly.
  3. Warm 1/2 cup of water on low heat and combine with the gelatin and mix well (I use an immersion blender for this)
  4. Pour the remaining 1/2 cup of water in a small pot and combine with honey, vanilla, maple syrup and salt.

5. Once finished, immediately but SLOWLY combine the gelatin and honey mixture into a bowl with mixer on highest setting.
  6. Mix on high until the color lightened and the mixture becomes light and fluffy and sticks to the beaters (this may take up to 10 minutes).
  7. Pour mixture into prepared 8 x 8 baking dish and let cool in the fridge for 1 to 4 hours depending on how firm you want the marshmallows (less time = less firm).

• May 31, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I always thought that all gelatin was bad, so thanks for pointing out that not all gelatin is alike. This definitely puts everything in perspective. Also, what a great recipe!

• Jen
    June 26, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Wow! These are really good! I even forgot the vanilla and they are still delicious!

• June 26, 2014 at 7:33 pm

We tore them up! I’m so glad you liked them Jen!

• Violeta
    June 29, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Can i use all honey instead of maple syrup? 🙂

• July 8, 2014 at 11:08 am

I’m not sure hun. I’ll ask the creator 🙂 I do think you can.

• Kayla Dickson
    July 22, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Are you able to make this with out honey and maple syrup? Or does that help create the marshmellow texture?

• July 22, 2014 at 2:19 pm

It should be fine. I’ve seen it make with only honey and it comes out great.

• Josie
    July 23, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Do you have to keep them refrigerated or can you bring them camping and not have to worry about them melting or spoiling?

• July 24, 2014 at 11:16 am

I would keep them refrigerated hun (in a cooler).

• October 2, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Finally, a truly healthy marshmallow that will go perfectly with my Ultimate Hot Chocolate!!! Thank you, Kelly – pinning these now! 🙂

• December 19, 2014 at 1:11 am

Hi, Kelly!

I love your blog! These marshmallows are AWESOME! I just want to add one teensy thing… after you put the “other 1/2 cup” of water into the small pot with the honey, maple syrup, sea salt (and vanilla – the recipe forgot to say that), cook it to 240 degrees F over medium-low heat and remove it right when it hits 240. Then continue with the rest of the recipe. That’s all! One little step, but it makes a BIG difference!

I just made these tonight to put in a Christmas gift bag with Paleo hot cocoa mix for my daughter’s teacher. YUMMY!

Thanks for all you do!

• December 21, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Hi Cresta, this is not my recipe hun. I’ve only made marshmallows the way that Sylvie has shared and they come out amazing! I will try your method the net time.

• May 18, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Hi Kelly,

Do you think it would be possible to make these without the starch & without electric beaters?

• May 21, 2015 at 9:00 am

Hun, you probably can get away with no tapioca but you need to whip this fast for a least 10 minutes for it to come together.

• Yoli
    June 1, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Hello again, I see all recipes for this marshmallows say to boil the syrup to soft ball stage but your recipe doesn’t call for that. I did it like yours and its in the fridge now but the taste is really honey/Maple not like a marshmallow

• alex
    June 29, 2017 at 10:33 am

These are going in the fridge right now! the only problem with the instructions is they don’t tell me when to add the vanilla. so i forgot it:(
    Thanks!

• August 27, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Aw, updated the recipe hun. I hope you enjoyed them.