This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on July 11, 2020
Dairy-Free Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala that is simple and flavorful! Not only is this recipe Whole30 but you can make it in your crockpot! It has the perfect creamy texture with authentic Indian spices!
I am sucker for paleo Indian recipes, the spices and the exoticness of the cuisine calls to me. When you combine that love with a time saving recipe, you have my attention.
I knew when I opened up my copy of Meals Made Simple, I had to make the Paleo chicken tikka masala.
Danielle Walker much anticipated second cookbook, Meals Made Simple , is a packed to the gills with delicious Paleo recipes for those who are looking for quick and easy recipes.
She has also taken the guesswork out of meal planning and included eight weeks worth of dinner ideas, complete with full shopping lists and recipes for using up leftovers.
Ok, this recipe is meant to go in the slow cooker, something I realized a little too late for dinner time.
I followed Danielle’s directions and put it in my tagine and cooked it for 2 hours and it was still 100% awesome. I served it over some cauliflower rice and, let’s just say I had seconds 🙂
What you’ll need for this recipe
- Raw cashews
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped into 2-inch cubes
- Tomato puree
- Yellow onion
- Garam masala
- Sea salt
- Ground ginger
- Cayenne pepper
- Fresh cilantro
Place the cashews in bowl and cover with water. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and set aside.
Place the chicken, tomato puree, onion, garlic, garam masala, salt, ginger, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
When the chicken is just about done cooking, drain the cashews and place them in a blender. Add 1/4 cup of fresh water and blend the cashews into a smooth cream.
Stir the cashew cream into the chicken right before serving and garnish with the cilantro.
If you like this Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala, you’ll love:
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
This dairy-free paleo chicken tikka masala is perfectly spiced.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Place the cashews in bowl and cover with water. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place the chicken, tomato puree, onion, garlic, garam masala, salt, ginger, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When the chicken is just about done cooking, drain the cashews and place them in a blender. Add 1/4 cup of fresh water and blend the cashews into a smooth cream.
- Stir the cashew cream into the chicken right before serving and garnish with the cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 801mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 37g
You know you want this book in your cookbook library, so buy it today!