This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on January 21, 2023
Are you tired of standing for hours in the kitchen to cook a decent meal for your family? I hear you, and I have the perfect solution for you!
I love cooking, but standing in front of searing hot pots for the good part of the day can be exhausting. That’s why I invested in pressure cooker recipes!
Pressure cookers reduce cooking time by half and retain more nutrients and flavors than standard pots. Not to mention, they’re insanely easy to use.
I went with one of the most famous pressure cooker brands on the market, Presto, and the choice between its equally competent products wasn’t easy!
To help you come to a decision, I reviewed the seven products I tried, so keep on scrolling to know which Presto pressure cooker takes first place!
The Best Presto Pressure Cookers in a Nutshell
- Presto 01755 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Canner and Cooker – Best Overall
- Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker – Runner Up
- Presto 02142 6-Quart Precise Electric Pressure Cooker – Best Electric Pressure Cooker
- Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker – Best for Large Families
- Presto 02141 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker – Best Value for Money
- Presto 01365 6-Quart Deluxe Pressure Cooker – Easiest to Use
- Presto 01282 8-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker – Best Heat Distribution
The 7 Best Presto Pressure Cookers in 2023
Here’s a list of the seven Presto pressure cookers I tried, their pros and cons, and my final opinion!
1. Presto 01755 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Canner and Cooker – Best Overall
- Designed for easy, confident home pressure canning.
- The only safe method recommended by the USDA for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Doubles as a boiling water canner for fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa in half-pint and pint jars.
- Works on gas, electric, and Smooth-top ranges.
- Deluxe pressure dial gauge registers precise processing pressures, which is especially important in high altitude areas.
The Presto 01755 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Canner and Cooker passed my cooking test with flying colors. It’s a two-in-one product that you can use for cooking or pressure-canning low-acid foods, and it excels at both.
The cooker works on both electric and gas ranges, and it comes with a pressure dial gauge to show you the pressure inside it at all times. It also features a vent pipe and safety cover lock that only lets pressure build inside when the cover is tightly closed.
If you haven’t used a pressure canner or cooker before, you’ll be glad to know that it comes with an instruction and recipe book. This way, you don’t even have to think about what to cook!
For more durability, the pressure canner is made from heavy-gauge aluminum. It also has two handles that don’t get hot while cooking and a steel lid.
What I also like about this Presto cooker is its safety features. It has an overpressure plug that releases steam if it builds up too quickly.
Although you can cook any meal inside the 16-quart cooker, I prefer it for meats and poultry because it tenderizes them and restores their flavors. I also used it to can pickles, and the results were amazing. You can use it to can jams, salsa, fruits, and more.
My only problem with it as a cooker is that it’s too large for a regular-sized family. You’d be better off using it to make soup if you have a small family or maybe serve more dinner parties!
The package comes holding the pressure canner, a canning rack, and a booklet.
- Two-in-one products (pressure canner and cooker)
- Solid safety features
- Instructions booklet included in the package
- Works on electric and gas ranges
- Too large for regular and small-sized families
The Presto 01755 is one of the best pressure canners and cookers on the market with its versatility and durability. It’s best suited for cooking meats and canning goods.
2. Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker – Runner Up
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast; Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically; Complete 64-page instruction/recipe book included
- Ideal for use on regular, smooth-top and induction ranges; Our stainless steel pressure cooker may also be washed in an automatic dishwasher. When washing in a dishwasher, you must first remove the sealing ring and overpressure plug from the cover as these parts must be hand washed
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced
- Helper handle for ease of handling; Extended 12-year limited warranty
The Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker is a dream come true for many chefs out there. It cooks meat and poultry to perfection without stripping them of their flavors like normal pots do and takes much less time.
Best of all, you can use it for cooking cheaper meat cuts, and you’ll be surprised at how tender and delicious they become. Your kids might not even notice the difference!
The stovetop pressure cooker works on smooth-top and gas ranges, and it features an ergonomic handle for easy handling, along with a helper one.
The package comes carrying the pressure cooker, an instruction and recipe book, a cooking rack, and a pressure regulator.
The pressure regulator is responsible for maintaining cooking pressure inside the pot. And to help you sleep better at night, there’s a cover lock indicator that keeps the cooker’s cover closed till it’s safe to open. The cooker also features an overpressure plug for extra safety.
While the pressure cooker itself is safe for dishwashing, the overpressure plug and sealing ring aren’t, so you’ll need to remove them and wash them manually.
Unlike the aluminum pressure canner, this cooker is made from stainless steel, which makes it a bit slower but more durable.
- Perfect for cooking economical meat cuts
- Instruction and recipe book included in the package
- Overpressure plug and cover lock indicator for extra safety
- A bit slower than aluminum cookers
If you’re looking for a durable stovetop pressure cooker that tenderizes the meat and keeps it flavorful, the Presto 01362 is your go-to choice.
3. Presto 02142 6-Quart Precise Electric Pressure Cooker – Best Electric Pressure Cooker
- Multi-function cooker with 19 programmed settings
- Large digital display and control knob simplify function setting.
- Cooks up to 70% faster than ordinary methods, saving time, energy, and money.
- Nine built-in safety features including a cover locking system that prevents cover from opening until pressure is safely reduced.
- Nonstick pot removes for easy cleaning; dishwasher safe.
The Presto 02142 6-Quart Precise Electric Pressure Cooker is a luxurious product and an ideal addition to your kitchen if you want to cut your cooking time by half. It’s my favorite electric pressure cooker yet!
The cooker needs minimum effort on your side with its 19 programmed settings, as you can program it to make stews, soup, sautéd food, rice, dessert, veggies, and more. You’ll only need to adjust the control knob, and you’re good to go!
It boasts a Stay Warm program that you can use if you want to keep your meal hot for a while without overcooking it. On top of that, it has a digital LED screen that shows you the chosen cooking program and the time left.
Presto manufacturers utilized cutting-edge technology for this electric cooker, as it can sense the temperature inside and adjust the pressure according to it. And for safety, it’s equipped with a cover-locking system that keeps the lid closed till the pressure is reduced.
But what I love the most about this cooker is that it doubles as a slow cooker. I used it for a couple of slow-cooking recipes, and it surprised me with the results!
The package includes the cooker, which comes with a dishwasher-friendly pot, and an instruction book.
- 19 programmed settings for effortless cooking
- Two-in-one (you can use it for pressure cooking and slow cooking)
- Cover locking system for safety
- The cooking pot is dishwasher friendly
- A bit heavy at 14.37 pounds
The Presto 02142 is a revolution among electric pressure cookers with its various cooking programs, built-in safety features, and slow cooking program.
4. Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker – Best for Large Families
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection in minutes. Quickly cooks and tenderizes economical cuts of meat.
- Stainless steel construction with a special tri-clad base for fast, uniform heating. Ideal for use on regular and smooth top ranges.
- Pressure regulator maintains proper cooking pressure automatically. Pressure regulator/steam release valve offers an effortless "quick cool" option.
- Cover lock indicator shows at a glance when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from beig opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Stainless steel steaming basket for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors. Includes a 64-page instruction/recipe book.
The Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker is your go-to choice if you cook for a large family and want to spend less time in the kitchen. It’s large enough to cook for 7-10 members, and it cooks meat, poultry, and vegetables faster than any regular pot.
The cooker is made from durable stainless steel, and it’s equipped with a tri-clad base for better heat distribution. It’s suitable for both gas and electric ranges, like most Presto stovetop pressure cookers.
My favorite part about this cooker is that it comes with a steaming basket that you can use to cook more than one food at once, which saves me even more time in the kitchen. And you don’t have to worry about any mixing of flavors!
For maximum safety, the Presto cooker comes with a cover lock indicator to prevent the lid from opening while cooking. More so, it features a pressure regulator to keep the pressure inside maintained automatically and two handles for more convenience.
If you have no experience with pressure cookers, you’ll appreciate the 64-page book that comes with this cooker. It includes all the instructions you need to cook in it, along with many recipes and how long they’ll take.
I would’ve loved a pressure gauge with this product to monitor the changes in pressure, but many people do well without it.
- Steaming basket included to cook more than one meal at once
- Tri-clad base for even heating
- Cover lock indicator for more safety
- Instruction and recipe book included in the package
- No pressure gauge
The Presto 01370 is one of the best Presto cookers on the market. It’s ideal for large families, as it comes with a steaming basket to cook many foods at once and is large enough for 7-10 members.
5. Presto 02141 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker – Best Value for Money
- Pressure cooker and slow cooker in one
- Cook meat, fish, chicken, vegetables, beans, rice, grains, even desserts
- Fast and easy, just set and the rest is automatic
- Function settings for high pressure, low pressure, slow cook, brown, sauté, and keep Warm
- High-speed pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients, tenderizes less expensive cuts of meat
The Presto 02141 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker offers a lot for its price. Although it isn’t cheap by any means, it’s pretty affordable, considering you can use it for pressure cooking and slow cooking.
My favorite part about this cooker is that it comes with labeled buttons that you can use to decide what you want to cook. Among the foods highlighted on the buttons are stews, soup, meat, poultry, rice, grains, desserts, and vegetables.
It also has a Keep Warm button that you can use to maintain your food’s optimal temperature for a long time without burning and a Slow Cook button. Generally, it’s one of the easiest electric pressure cookers I dealt with, and you can learn to use it in no time from its user manual.
The pressure cooker comes with a removable, nonstick pot that you can push in the dishwasher to clean without an issue. It also features a cover lock and a quick-pressure release valve on top of the lid.
On top of that, it boasts a LED that shows you the time of cooking and comes with a cooking rack so that you can cook two food items at once.
My only issue with this cooker is its heavy weight. At 12 pounds, it isn’t the easiest kitchen appliance to move around, but you shouldn’t face any issues if you don’t plan on moving it!
- Labeled buttons for ease of use
- LED display for time of cooking
- Dishwasher-safe removable pot
- Cover lock and quick pressure release valve for more safety
The Presto 02141 comes packed with features and programmed settings, making for excellent value for money. You can use it for pressure cooking and slow cooking many meals.
6. Presto 01365 6-Quart Deluxe Pressure Cooker – Easiest to Use
- High-speed pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients
- Pressure regulator automatically maintains the proper cooking pressure
- Protective features include pressure release devices and a cover lock that keeps cooker from being opened until pressure is reduced
- Includes a stainless steel rack and a 64-page instruction/recipe book. Fully immersible and dishwasher safe
- Tri-clad base is made with a layer of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel. extended 12-year limited
The Presto 01365 6-Quart Deluxe Pressure Cooker strikes a perfect balance between simplicity and efficiency. It doesn’t have any luxury features like digital displays and pressure gauges, but it cooks food to perfection, which is what matters!
The cooker has a pressure regulator to keep its pressure optimized for the meal you’re cooking. Also, it has a device for quick steam release and a cover lock to keep the cooker’s lid closed while the pressure is high inside.
On top of that, the cooker comes with a stainless steel rack that you can use to cook more than one meal at once, which means even less time in the kitchen.
And if you don’t know which meals cook nicely inside the cooker, you can use the instruction and recipe manual that comes with it.
An excellent feature that supports an even distribution of heat is the tri-clad base of the cooker. It’s made from an aluminum layer, which is surrounded by two stainless steel layers for optimum heating.
For convenient handling, the cooker features an ergonomic handle with a menu guide written on it and a helper handle. It’s also fully immersible, so you can throw it inside the dishwasher without worry.
- Stainless steel rack included to cook more than one meal at once
- 64-page instruction and recipe manual included in the package
- Two handles for convenient handling
- Dishwasher safe
- Could’ve used a pressure gauge
If you don’t care for luxury features and want an easy-to-use and efficient pressure cooker, go with the Presto 01365.
7. Presto 01282 8-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker – Best Heat Distribution
- The smart choice for preparing today's lower calorie foods.
- Cooks three to ten times faster than ordinary cooking methods! Saves time, energy, and money.
- Pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients, and even tenderizes lean cuts of meat.
- Strong, heavy-gauge aluminum for quick, even heating, easy cleaning, and long life.
- Works on electric, smooth-top, and gas ranges.
The Presto 01282 8-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker is a solid choice if you want evenly cooked and tenderized meals. It boasts optimum heat distribution due to its manufacturing material, aluminum, and tri-clad base.
While it’s simpler than I would’ve liked because it doesn’t feature a pressure scale, time display, or menu guide, it’s more than enough for everyday cooking. You can also use it as a normal pot for cooking soups and stews if you want.
What I love about it is that it reserves the natural flavors of meat and poultry and keeps them tender and moist. At the same time, it takes nearly half the time regular pots take to cook.
On top of that, you can use the 8-quart cooker whether you have a gas or electric stovetop.
For safety, the cooker is equipped with a steam release system and an overpressure plug to prevent a dangerous buildup of pressure. However, beware that you’ll have to remove the plug if you plan on washing the cooker in a dishwasher. You’ll also need to remove the air vent (cover lock) and the sealing ring.
If you plan on washing it manually, make sure to use a nonabrasive sponge to prevent scratching the aluminum.
- Excellent heat distribution
- Suitable for gas and electric stovetops
- Dishwasher safe
- Steam release system and overpressure plug for safety
- Could’ve used more features
If you want to cook delicious and tender meals quickly, you should consider getting the Presto 01282.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Pressure Cooker
Here are a few factors you should keep in mind while looking for a pressure cooker:
As you’ve seen above, some cookers double as slow cookers and pressure canners. While they can be pricier than others, they come in handy if you like to get creative with your cooking. Also, in a way, they save money because you buy one appliance instead of two.
You should also note that you can use a pressure canner for cooking, but you can’t use a cooker for pressure canning.
Pressure cookers come in all sizes, but you should stick to one that suits you and your family size. As a rule of thumb, 2-quart cookers work for 1-2 family members, while 3-quart cookers work for 3-4 members.
If you have a family of 5-6 members, you should get a 6-quart cooker or an 8-quart if you have a larger family and often host dinner parties.
There are also larger sizes, but they’re only fit for occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. And generally, pressure cookers that are also canners are often larger than normal.
Not all cookers are compatible with both gas and electric stovetops, so you should check the compatibility of the one you’re buying before making the purchase. And if you move around or travel a lot, I recommend getting a cooker that works on both. It’ll make your life easier, and you can take it with you anywhere instead of buying one for each stovetop.
Pressure cookers are long-lasting products, and they can stay with you for a lifetime. That’s why it’s essential to check the warranty of the one you’re buying. Presto offers 12-year limited warranties for most of its pressure canners and cookers, but it never hurts to check.
Pressure cookers are mostly manufactured from stainless steel or aluminum. While aluminum distributes heat better and gives you softer and better-cooked meals, there are many speculations about how safe it is because it can react with high-acid foods.
It’s also lighter and more budget-friendly than steel.
On the other hand, stainless steel is more resistant to scratches, more durable, and oven-safe if there aren’t plastic handles.
The choice depends on your preference, but if you ask for my opinion, I choose stainless steel for high-heat cooking because it stays hot longer than aluminum due to its density. It’s also excellent for searing and browning.
For low or medium-heat cooking, I use aluminum because it doesn’t cause food to stick as much as its counterpart.
Cooking Rack or Steaming Basket
Not all cookers come with cooking racks or steaming baskets, but in my opinion, they’re necessary and can make your life much easier.
If you use them, you can cook more than one food item at once, which saves you money, effort, and time. So before purchasing, make sure the cooker you have your eyes on doesn’t lack a basket.
Electric or Stovetop?
The last factor I want you to think about is whether you want an electric or stovetop pressure cooker.
Electric cookers are easier to use, make less noise while releasing pressure, and often have more luxurious features like digital displays. However, they take longer to cook than stovetop cookers and can make your electricity bill higher than expected.
If you don’t mind the extra effort and simpler features, I say you go with a stovetop cooker.
To Wrap Up
Pressure cookers are a dream come true for those who spend long hours in the kitchen daily, especially when you choose a brand as high-quality and efficient as Presto.
If you’re torn between Presto cookers and don’t know which one to choose, I recommend the best of all, Presto 01755. It cuts your cooking time by half and also works as a pressure canner.
But if you want an electric cooker, you can go with the Presto 02142. It comes packed with features and is insanely easy to use!