This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on March 12, 2021
With 2021 off to an interesting start and the past year firmly in the rearview, it is important to find ways to take care of yourself. Playing games, reading a book, or even hanging out on social media are all great ways to reduce stress. Some people even spend time online at various live casino sites to get a bit of thrill in their lives without leaving the house. If you are tired of being cooped up, or if you just want to try something new, self care bingo is a great game that anyone can enjoy.
What Is Self Care Bingo?
Health care journeys are not always easy and self-care is one item that happens to get overlooked often. In addition to simple healthcare, even self-care can take a back seat to caring for your family or your career. This can lead to stress, anxiety, frustration, and even burnout. If you want to find a way to reconnect with yourself, your family and even your friends, taking care of yourself is the first step. It is important to make your physical and mental health a priority.
Self-Care Bingo Card Ideas
- Enjoy A Good Meal- cooking for yourself is a great way to try new things and indulge yourself at the same time. If you don’t feel like cooking, you can always order a meal for home delivery. Skip the fast food and splurge on something full of flavor instead.
- Be Affectionate- human contact is a powerful thing. Make a point of hugging a loved one to get comfort and give it a the same time.
- Praise The Little Things – making a bid deal about small achievements can be just what you need to stay motivated. Reward yourself when you make progress or complete a goal no matter how small.
- Watch A Motivational Speech- there are plenty of podcasts, TY videos, and TED talks that can give you the motivation to make it through the week.
- Take The Time To Mediate- spending 10-20 minutes a day meditating on your goals or even on inner peace can help reduce stress and help you focus.
- Have A Spa Day At Home- running a hot bath with essential oils, soft music, and mood lighting is a great way to unwind and take care of your mental health.
- Stretching or Yoga- tight muscles can be a result of sitting in one position for long periods or due to general stress. Yoga or stretching can help relieve your muscles and improve your mood and your physical health.
- Spread Kindness- often spreading kindness and help to others can help you feel better about your own situation. A positive mindset is an important part of self-care that works for you and for others.
- Drink A Relaxing Beverage – this can be a cup of coffee, a blended drink, or even a steaming cup of tea if that makes you happy.
- Read A Book- escaping to the land of make-believe is a great way to get away from real-world stress.
- Make A List Of Quotes – sometimes having sayings on hand that make you laugh can be just the thing needed to get through a rough day.
- Connect With A Friend- calling a friend to talk about good times or even to vent your general frustrations is a great way to de-stress. Even if you don’t have time for a call, you can text or email.
- Mental Detox- at times your mind can be your worst enemy. Take some time to clear your head of negative thoughts and replace them with things that will lift you up.
How Can You Play Self Care Bingo?
You can download an existing card, or you can create your own or even get ideas from your self care checklist. It really depends on you! Playing this as a group is just as fun as playing it on your own. If you play as a group each person can donate to a prize pot that will make completing the card even more enticing. This can be a small monetary donation or even a donation of a self-care product or service. The first person to hit bingo will not only have the benefit of knowing they cared for themselves the most, but they will also get a great self-care package as a prize.
To play self-care bingo you can print out a bingo card, or even draw one by hand. The board will be full of self-care ideas and tasks you can use to fill each space. You can set a time limit for yourself or even for the group that fits in with your schedules. This can be as short as a week, or as long as a month.
Every time you complete an action on the board, mark off the square, just like in regular bingo. Once you or any other player completes a line across, up and down, or diagonally, it’s a win! Award yourself with something nice that lifts your mood, or if playing with others, they win the group pot.