When this recipe for Chocolate Chicken Mole was bubbling away in the slow cooker, my stomach would not stop constantly screaming to eat. I felt like it had turned into a toddler having a temper tantrum over some candy. I could not wait to inhale this deliciousness that my friend Arsy, from Rubies and Radishes, had created for her cookbook The Paleo Foodie Cookbook. It was so stinking good, I ate seconds.
This book is a gorgeous testimony to Paleo eating and if you aren’t the lucky winner of a copy of this book, I’m just going to say, BUY IT! Just do it. It has 120 recipes that will have your mouth watering like a Doberman eyeing a rib eye. Next on my list to try is the Sun-dried Tomato and Mushroom Lamb Burgers and I know it will not disappoint.
Ok, so this will be the last post for the week since my book has picked up steam again!
Lovelies, one of you has a chance to win this cookbook! Enter below!
- 2 lbs chicken pieces (breasts and legs work well) bone in, Skin removed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 6 - 7 whole tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 5 dried New Mexico chili peppers, rehydrated and chopped
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate (70% or above)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp guajillpo chili powder
- avocado, cilantro and jalapeno, all chopped.
- Generous salt and pepper the chicken.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add the ghee.
- Once the ghee has warmed, add the chicken and brown on all sizes. This may need to be done in batches.
- Move the chicken to slow cooker.
- Add onion to the same pan and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer onion and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, chili peppers, almond butter, dark chocolate, salt and spices to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low to 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is tender and pulls apart easily.
- Top mole with the avocado, cilantro and jalapeno and serve!
Recipe reprinted with the express permission from Arsy @ Rubies and Radishes.
For the main entry leave a kind comment.
- Follow A Girl Worth Saving via Facebook
- Follow Rubies and Radishes on Pinterest.
- Follow A Girl Worth Saving via Pinterest.
Contest open to the US, 18 yrs and older. The contest will run from April 23, 2014 6:00 AM Pacific Time to April 30, 2014 9:00 PM Pacific Time. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours from the notification to claim the prize. If the winner does not claim the prize in 48 hours a new winner will be selected.