This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 16, 2019
When I was a kid, fried rice was a staple in our house. I’m pretty sure we ate it once a week and it was always a dish my mom threw together for birthdays, holidays and any special occasion. Every now and then I want fried rice and Mr. Bejelly is not the biggest fan when it comes to cauliflower. He will only eat roasted cauliflower so I needed to branch out and see what else may work for a rice replacement. I ended up using Jicama in this grain free fried rice recipe.
The Jicama adds such a nice sweet taste to the recipe. You could add cooked egg, chicken, beef and/or pork to the recipe pretty easily.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 4 cups " round Jicama - shredded equals roughly 2 1/2
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 4 oz bag of frozen mixed veggies
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Take your Jicama and peel it and rough chop it.
- Toss it in your food processor and chop it into a rice texture.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add your coconut oil, riced jicama and diced onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes and stir the veggies around to allow some of the water cook out of the jicama.
- Add in the yellow bell pepper and 4 oz bag of mixed veggies and cook for 3 minutes.
- Lastly add in the coconut aminos, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then serve.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.